How can I get a document that is not available in the Charles University fund?

From Alma WiKi
Jump to navigation Jump to search

An user can request the faculty/component library to arrange a loan or access to a document that is not available anywhere at Charles University, through the so-called interlibrary loan service (abbreviated in czech MVS).

You can always find more detailed information and conditions for the provision of MVS on the website of the relevant library.

Do you need an electronic information source (article, e-book, etc.), which is available only for a certain faculty/component (the record of the publication in UKAŽ has a ‘Only for: ...’ note for the full text)? In most cases, it is possible to visit the library of the given faculty/component and view the full text on a computer in the building (e.g. in the study room/service hall, etc.). However, access to faculty e-resources may vary depending on the license conditions, so we recommend checking availability for extrernal (walk/in) users before visiting the library. Don't forget to keep track of current opening hours and arrangements on each library's website as well.